Who We Are
- CAP (The Community Assistance Program) is an outreach of Blaine area churches, providing community-based social services to residents of Blaine, Birch Bay, Custer, and Point Roberts.
- We are completely volunteer-based; we have no paid employees.
- We receive no government funding.
- CAP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable corporation, incorporated and registered with the Washington Secretary of State – TIN # 91-1938747.
- to serve the people of the Blaine, Birch Bay, Custer, and Point Roberts communities who are in need of assistance to meet their basic requirements for food, clothing, and other necessities of daily life.
- to offer opportunities for individuals, churches, and other organizations to serve people in their communities.
Our Sources of Financial Support
- Donations from local churches
- Donations from individuals, organizations, and businesses
- Salvation Army vouchers
- The City of Blaine utility vouchers (from utility bill charitable donations)
- Birch Bay Water and Sewer District utility vouchers (from utility bill charitable donations)
- Puget Sound Energy
- Community Meals receipts (from donation box)
- Indirect (value of food donated by volunteer teams for Community Meals)
- Other miscellaneous
The 2016-2017 CAP Board of Directors:
- Dan DeMent, Executive Director and Board President
- Doug Dahl, Treasurer
- Pastor David Riddle, Secretary
- Laura Vogee, Publications
- Pastor Dan McEvoy, Member at Large
CAP Board members serve a two year term and are elected by representatives from the churches that sponsor CAP.
CAP Sponsor Churches
- Birch Bay Bible Community Church
- Blaine Christian Fellowship
- Blaine United Church of Christ
- Christ Episcopal Church
- Dakota Creek Christian Center
- Freedom Community Church
- Grace Lutheran Church
- North Bay Christ the King Community Church
- Northwood Alliance Church
- Life Impact Church
- St. Anne’s Catholic Church
- Sunrise Baptist Church
- Water’s Edge Church